Tehsil Municipal Administration Pasroor
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
History

Pasroor (Urdu: پسرور) is a city of Sialkot District in the Punjab province of Pakistan. It is located at 3216'0N 7440'0E with an altitude of 238 metres (784 feet). The nearest big cities are Sialkot, Narowal and Gujranwala. The city is the capital of Pasroor Tehsil and is administratively subdivided into two Union councils
Pasroor was originally called Parasrur after Paras Ram, Brahman, to whom the town was assigned by its founder ; it is mentioned by Babar as a halting-place between Sialkot and Kalanaur, and seems to have once been of considerable importance. It possesses a large tank, constructed in the reign ofJahangir. To feed this, Dara Shikoh dug a canal, traces of which are still extant. Nearby are the remains of a bridge built by Shah Daula.
British era
During British rule Pasroor became the headquarters of Pasroor Tehsil. The town (which lies 18 miles south of the district capital Sialkot) lay on the Sialkotto Amritsar road. The population in 1901 was 8,335. The trade of Pasroor had much decayed, partly through the opening of the North-Western Railway, and partly on account of the octroi duties which have diverted trade to the neighboring village of Saukin Wind. Hand-printed cotton stuffs were the only manufacture of importance. Pasroor also was a station of the American United Presbyterian Mission.
The municipality was created in 1867. The income during the ten years ending 1902-3 averaged Rs. 7,900, and the expenditure Rs. 7,800. The income in 1903-4 was Rs. 8,000, chiefly from octroi ; and the expenditure was Rs. 6,900. The town had an Anglo-vernacular high school maintained by the District board, and a Government dispensary. Union Councils

 

Home | Contact Us | Feedback | Links
 
2007 TMA Pasroor, Pakistan. All rights reserved.