Tehsil Municipal Administration Muzaffargarh
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
History

A small town, about 34 Kilometers away from Multan, has been historically identified by a shop, called Musan Hatti which located on Multan – Dera Ghazi Khan Road. The Musan Hatti was named Muzaffargarh after appointment of Muzaffar Khan as Governor of Multan in 1794. At the time another town Khangarh about 12 kilometers away from Muzaffargarh, has a status of district headquarters. In 1859, it was replaced by Muzaffargarh as its new headquarter.

The district is situated at the distance of 34 kilometers from Multan across the river Chenab on its east. It is bounded by sub-division Chaubara of District Layyah on its north, district DG Khan on its west and districts Bahawalpur and Rahim Yar Khan on its south and south-west respectively.

The district is located between 280 – 57 to 300 – 46, north latitudes and 700 – 30’ to 710 – 47 east longitudes.

 

Home | Contact Us | Feedback | Links
 
2007 TMA Muzaffargarh, Pakistan. All rights reserved.