Tehsil Municipal Administration Daska
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
History

Daska town was founded in the times of the Mughal King Shah Jahan (1592-1666). According to the revenue record, it was originally named Shah Jahanabad.  The lands of the area were owned by Das family and thus it came to be known as Daska. “Ka” denotes belonging to, it is like English preposition ‘of’, used to indicate possession, origin, association .

According to another popular tradition  the town is called Daska because it is located  at an equidistance of Das Koh (24 Km) from all of its surrounding towns, hence it is called Daska. ‘Das’ means ten and ‘Koh’ is the indigenous unit of measuring distance.

 

Home | Contact Us | Feedback | Links
 
© 2007 TMA Daska, Pakistan. All rights reserved.